Solar Power Manager For 12V Lead-Acid Battery
If you have any questions on this product please feel free to contact us.
*Disclaimer: The images are merely illustrative.
The DFRobot Solar Power Manager series are designed for IoT projects and renewable energy projects, providing safe and high-efficiency embedded solar power management modules for makers and application engineers. This medium-power high-efficiency solar power management module allows you to charge a 12V lead-acid battery with a maximum of 4A using a standard 18V solar panel.
Check the brief specification for all Solar Power Manager Series Products.
Solar Power Manager For 12V Lead-Acid Battery is a medium-power high-efficiency solar power management module, which is able to charge a 12V lead-acid battery with a maximum of 4A using a standard 18V solar panel. It is suitable for applications within 100W, such as 12V lighting equipment, security monitoring, small robots, pumps or environmental monitoring stations. It features as MPPT(Maximum Power Point Tracking) function, maximizing the output power of solar panels under various sunlight. Compared with common PWM solar controllers, it can improve charging performance by 10%-30%. Benefited from its small size and light weight, it is easier to embed it in your projects. The module provides dual high-power outputs 5V 5A (OUT1) and 12V 8A (OUT2) and dual USB outputs 5V 2.5A (USB1/USB2). Except USB1, all outputs can be turned ON/OFF by I/O pins of most controllers (3.3V/5V compatible). This feature helps to dynamically power loads and reduce power consumption. Various protection functions are also employed to ensure the safety and stability of the solar systems.
Solar Power Manager For 12V Lead-Acid Battery Board Overview
Build a solar powered system
|Name||Solar Power Manager v1.0||Solar Power Manager 5v v1.1||Solar Power Manager Micro v1.0||Solar Power Manager v1.0|
|Solar Power Management IC||LTC3652||CN3065||SPV1050||CN3767|
|Solar Input Voltage||7V-30V||4.4V-6V||0.5V-4V||15V-25V|
|Maximum Charge Current||2A(Solar/USB)||900mA(Solar/USB)||70mA(Solar)/100mA(USB)||4A(Solar)|
|Topology||DC-DC Buck||Linear Regulator||DC-DC Boost||DC-DC Buck|
|Battery||3.7V Lithium Battery||3.7V Lithium Battery||3.7V Lithium Battery||12V Lead-Acid Battery|
|MPPT||9V/12V/18V Optional||5V Fixed||75% Open Voltage||Fixed 18V|
|Battery Protections||Over Charge/Over Discharge/Over Current/Reverse Connection Protections||Over Charge/Over Discharge/Over Current/Reverse Connection Protections||Over Charge/Over Discharge/Reverse Connection Protections||Over Charge/Over Discharge/Reverse Connection Protections|
|Output Protections||Short Circuit/Over Current/Over Heat Protections||Short Circuit/Over Current Protections||Short Circuit/Over Current Protections||Short Circuit/Over Current/Over Heat Protections|
|USB Charge IN||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|USB OUT||5V 1.5A||5V 1A||No||5V 2.5A x2|
|Regulated OUT||Three Regulated Outputs 3.3V 1A；5V 1.5A；9V/12V 0.5A||One Regulated Output 5V 1A||One Regulated Output 3.3V 90mA||Two Outputs 5V 5A; 12V 8A|
A complete multifunction solar power management module.
Applications: Small Solar Street Lamp, Solar Powered Robots
For 9V/12V/18V Solar Panels within20w
A small and easy-to-use 5V solar power management module.
Applications: Solar Power Bank, Solar Environment Monitors
For 5V Solar Panels within 10W
A micro power solar power management module for low-power sensors and controllers.
Applications: Wireless Sensor Network, BLE iBecon
For 1V/2V/3V Solar Panels within 0.5W
A medium power solar management module for 12V lead-acid batteries.
Applications: Street lighting, intelligent agriculture, environmental monitoring station, UPS
For 18V Solar Panels within 100W
- Constant voltage (18V fixed) MPPT algorithm, maximizing solar energy conversion
- Designed for standard 18V solar panels and 12V lead-acid battery
- Multiple high efficiency outputs for 12V or 5V large power devices
- Full protection functions, a safe and high efficiency solar power module
- A variety of status indicators, system status at a glance
- Street lighting
- Intelligent Agriculture
- Environmental Monitoring Station
- Solar Power Management IC: CN3767
- Solar Input Voltage (SOLAR IN): 15V~25V
- Battery Input (BAT IN): 12V Lead-Acid Battery
- Charge Current: 4A Max Trickle Charging, Constant Current, Constant Voltage, Float Charging Four Stages Charging dedicated for 12V Lead-Acid Battery
- Float Charge Voltage: 13.55V
- Over-discharge Protection Voltage: 10.8V
- Solar Charge Average Efficiency (18V SOLAR IN): 94%
- OutputsNote1: OUT1 5V 5A, OUT2 12V 8A, USB1 5V 2.5A, USB2 5V 2.5A
- USB1/USB2 Support Three USB Charge ProtocolsNote2
- Apple 2.4A: DP=2.7V, DM=2.7V
- SAMSUNG 2.0A: DP = 1.2V, DM =1.2V
- BC1.2: DP=DM=0V (Short)
- OUT1/USB1/USB2 Efficiency: 93%@50%Load
- OUT2 Efficiency: 98%@50%Load
- Quiescent Current: <4 mA
- Protection Functions
- SOLAR IN: Backflow/Reverse Connection Protections
- BAT IN: Over-discharge/Over-charge/Reverse Connection Protections
- OUT1-2/USB1-2: Short Circuit/Over Current/Over Heat Protections
- Operation Temperature: -40℃～85℃
- Dimension: 68.0mm*68.0mm
Note 1: OUT1/USB1/USB2 shared 5A current driving capacity (peak current 8A), that is, the total output power of the three outputs should not exceed 5V*5A=25W (peak 40W).
Note 2: To ensure whether the communication devices you use are compatible with the protocols listed, please consult your communication device manufacturer or retailers for details. If your device does not support the USB charging protocol mentioned above, usually it will limit the charging power to 5V*1A=5W for security sake. This is not caused by the failure of the USB output or insufficient output capability.
- Solar Power Manager For 12V Lead-Acid Battery x1
- Black Jumper x3
- Nylon pillar M3*16 x4
- stainless steel screw M3*10 x4
- Aluminum cooling fin (Black) 14*14*7mm x1
- Thermal conductive silicone pad (Blue) 14*14*0.5mm x1
- Aluminum cooling fin (Black) 50*50*12.7mm x1
- Thermal conductive silicone pad (Blue) 50*50*1.5mm x1
- Female DC power jack adapternbsp; x1
You might also like