Open18F4520 Standard, PIC Development Board
PIC development board designed for PIC18F series, features the PIC18F4520 MCU, and integrates various standard interfaces, pretty easy for peripheral expansions.
If you have any questions on this product please feel free to contact us.
*Disclaimer: The images are merely illustrative.
Open18F4520 is a PIC development board that features a PIC18F4520 device as the microcontroller. It supports further expansion with various optional accessory boards for specific application. The modular and open design makes it the ideal for starting application development with PIC microcontroller.
What's On Board
- PIC18F4520-I/P:the high performance PIC MCU which features:
- Core: PIC 8-bit RISC
- Operating Frequency: 40MHz Max
- Operating Voltage: 2-5.5V
- Package: DIP40
- I/Os: 36
- Memories: 32kB Flash, 1536B RAM, 256B EEPROM
- Communication Interfaces: 1 x MSSP(SPI/I2C), 1 x A/E/UART, 2 x PWM, 8 x ADC
- Debugging/Programming: ICSP interfaces
- AMS1117-3.3: 3.3V voltage regulator
- Power switch
- Power indicator
- LEDs: convenient for indicating I/O status and/or program running state
- User keys: for I/O input test and/or program control
- Joystick: five positions
- Reset button
- Infrared receiver
- 4M crystal oscillator
- 16 I/Os interface | 8-bit AD interface
- for connecting accessory boards which using I/O control, such as FT245 USB FIFO, 8 SEG LED, etc.
- there's also 8-bit AD interface can be used for AD testing
- 8 I/Os interface: for connecting accessory boards which using I/O control, such as 8 Push Buttons, Motor, etc.
- SPI interface: for connecting SPI peripherals, such as DataFlash (AT45DBxx), SD card, MP3, etc.
- I2C interface: for connecting I2C peripherals, such as I/O expander (PCF8574), EEPROM (AT24Cxx), etc.
- 1-WIRE interface: for connecting 1-WIRE devices (TO-92 package), such as temperature sensor (DS18B20), electronic registration number (DS2401), etc.
- UART interface: for connecting UART peripherals, such as RS232, RS485, USB TO UART, etc.
- PS/2 interface: for connecting PS/2 keyboard and/or mouse
- Graphic multi-color LCD interface: for connecting 2.2 inch multi-color touch screen LCD which using SPI control
- Character LCD interface: for connecting character LCD, such as LCD1602 (3.3V blue backlight)
- 5V DC jack
- Custom crystal socket
- VCC power input/output: usually used for power supply output, and/or common ground with other application board
- MCU pins connector: all the MCU pins are accessible on expansion connectors for further expansion
- ICSP interface: for debugging/programming
- LEDs jumper
- User keys jumper
- Joystick jumper
- PS/2 jumper
- 1-WIRE jumper
- Buzzer jumper
- IR jumper
- VCC selection jumper
- Crystal selection jumper
- RA4 pull-up jumper
For jumper 26-32:
- short the jumper to connect to I/Os used in example code;
- open the jumper to connect to other custom pins via jumper wires.
Open18F4520 Development Board
Connecting to touch screen LCD
Connecting to character LCD
Connecting to PICkit3
Connecting to various peripherals
Connecting to touch screen LCD
Connecting to RS232 Board via UART
Connecting to USB UART Board via UART
Connecting to USB FIFO Board via 16 I/Os interface
Connecting to 8-SEG LED via 16 I/Os interface
8 Push Buttons on the 8 I/Os interface
AD Keypad on the 8 I/Os interface
Connecting to EEPROM Board via I2C
Connecting to RTC Board via I2C
Multi I2C peripheral Module connected to the I2C bus
Connecting to DataFlash Board via SPI
Connecting to Micro SD Board
Connecting to any accessory board you need
The Open18F4520 does NOT integrate any debugging function, a debugger is required.
Accessory boards in the photo are NOT included in the Open18F4520 Standard Package.
The figure below shows the header pinouts of ICSP interface
- Related Software (MPLAB, etc.)
- Demo Code (examples in C)
- Schematic (PDF)
- PIC Development Documentations (Datasheets etc.)
Weight: 0.168 kg
You might also like